The Mission of the
Fire & Safety Museum is to:
· Preserve and display the 1927 architecture, history and environment of Fire Station 3,
· Educate the public about the tradition and service of the Fort Lauderdale Fire Department, and its heroes,
· Teach, in an exciting way, fire, medical and severe weather preparedness,
· Display significant historical fire service equipment and artifacts,
· Encourage young people to consider careers in the Fire Service, and to
· Create an additional cultural exhibit to add to the ambience of Fort Lauderdale’s Historic District.